Did you get a chance to head to the apple orchard? Us too! It was great. But, we also have an over-abundance of apples. Determined to put them to good use, I found some great apple recipes for our bag of apples!
- 5 apples, skinned and cubed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
Combine apples, cinnamon, and water in medium sauce pan over high heat. Bring to boil. Turn to low and let simmer for 10-15 or until soft enough to mash. Mash to desired thickness.
- 10 apples, skinned and sliced
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
Directions: Preheat the oven at 350 degrees. Toss apples with oil, 1 tsp cinnamon and brown sugar. Line apples along bottom of 9 x 13 in pan. Cover the apples with rolled oats evenly. Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon across the top. Bake for 25 minutes.
- 3 apples, skinned and cubed (mixed with 2 tablespoons brown sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon)
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk (regular milk)
- Frosting: 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1-3 tsp milk
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray. Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in small bowl. Set aside. In a large bowl, beat white sugar and butter until smooth. Add one egg at a time. Mix in vanilla extract. In a medium bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Add it to the creamed butter mixture. Stir until blended completely Add milk and mix until smooth. Pour half the batter into the loaf pan, then the apples, then the brown sugar mix. Lightly pat down the apples. Repeat this process with the remaining mixtures. Bake for 60 minutes. Once cooled, remove from pan and drizzle with frosting and serve.
Latest posts by Meghan (see all)
- The Secret Society of Moms - September 25, 2019
- An Ode to My Labor and Delivery Nurse - July 31, 2019
- How to Break into Natural Products Without Breaking the Bank - June 12, 2019