Over the long 4th of July holiday weekend, my family was lucky enough to spend time up north in Lexington, Michigan, at the family cottage. When you are busy enjoying fun in the sun all day, you don’t want to pull yourself away for too long to spend time cooking. We also like to eliminate the amount of times we have to make the house any warmer than it needs to be.
In order to get that crucial sun/water/relaxation time, we went for minimal grocery items and low maintenance preparation time. We wanted to find different options to pair with our basic hamburgers and hot dogs. Here are a few of our quick and easy summer recipes:
Corn and Bean Salad
- 1 can 15.5 oz. black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can 15.5 oz. black-eyed peas (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can 15 oz. whole kernel sweet corn (rinsed and drained)
- 1 large red bell pepper diced
- 1 large green bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup sweet onion diced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley minced
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Mix ingredients together. Serve immediately or refrigerate prior to serving. Served well with tortilla chips.
- 1 32 oz container vanilla or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 16 oz package frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup milk
Blend ingredients together until smooth. Pour into popsicle tray (if you don’t have one, you can in just a couple days if you click on the link below). Let set for a few hours until frozen. Enjoy!
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
No Bake S’mores Treat
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 10 oz. package mini marshmallows
- 1 12 oz. package Golden Grahams (about 8 cups)
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
Melt butter over low heat in a large sauce pan. Add marshmallows (saving a handful for the top). Stir until blended. Remove from heat. Stir in cereal until well coated. Carefully press mixture into a greased 13 x 9 in. pan. Drizzle top with melted chocolate chips. Cool completely. Cut into bars when ready to serve.
Do you have any quick and easy summer recipes you would like to recommend? Share them with me!
Latest posts by Meghan (see all)
- The Secret Society of Moms - September 25, 2019
- An Ode to My Labor and Delivery Nurse - July 31, 2019
- How to Break into Natural Products Without Breaking the Bank - June 12, 2019